1.1 Mungenow Trips owns and operates the website: www.mungenowtrips.com
1.3 Throughout this Policy, the terms “we”, “our”, “us” means Mungenow Trips, our employees, agents, affiliates or assigned parties.
1.5 If any term of this Policy is or may become for any reason invalid or unenforceable at law, the validity and enforceability of the remainder will not be affected.
1.6 Data Controller refers to a person, individually or as a group or legal entity, who, determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are to be processed.
1.7 Mungenow Trips is the Data Controller in respect of personal data processed by this Website.
- Your Information
2.1 The type of information we collect would either be general in nature or personal to you.
General Information: We receive more general information from you as a result of your visits to, and use of, the Website. This general information does not identify you personally, and can include information such as your IP address, the date and time you access the Website, length of time you spend on the Website, your browsing history, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website, and other such ‘General Information’.
Personal Information: When you register on the Website as a user, update your information, purchase any services, participate in promotions or campaigns, using Personal Information or a social media account, send emails to us, send support requests, contact agents via their profile or phone numbers made available on our website, provide feedback, or when you report a problem with our website, you provide us with information that we store and process. Such information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, purchase and transaction history, billing information (including credit card information), interests, and other such ‘Personal Information’.
Payment Data: Payment Data is the information that you provide when you make online purchases. This may include your credit card information, mobile money account and any other relevant details you use in carrying out a payment transaction. You hereby acknowledge and agree that the Payment Data, to the extent consisting of details related to the manner and mode of payment of fees for the use of the Website and Services (such as details of your bank account, credit card, debit card, etc.), submitted by you while making payment of fees:
- Goes through the safe and secure transaction process provided by Mungenow Trips’ payment gateway partners;
- Goes through the Visa or MasterCard pages, as the case may be, based on your payment method(s) in order to prevent any misuse of your payment details; and
- That such payment details are not shared with the Website, mungenowtrips.com, its affiliates and third parties or any other users of the Website and Services.
Information We Receive from other Sources: We may receive information about you if you use any of the websites operated by Mungenow Technologies, or from any other services that we provide. We may also obtain your information from close third parties, including but not limited to, business partners, service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers. Such information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
Information Collection And Usage
3.1 A great part of this Website can be used without much information from you. However, certain services and third-party technology may involve collection and usage of information from you, including but not limited to, Google Analytics (a description of their specific data collection and processing practices can be found via the following link: (https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
3.2 We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide any services that you request from us;
- To provide a better service, and in particular to: keep internal records, as well as, improve our products, services and the Website;
- To communicate with you if you have ordered, purchased or participated in anything on the Website;
- To contact you for market research purposes;
- To provide you with information about new opportunities, promotions, special offers and other information that we may feel is relevant to you. If you contact us via the Website, or via email to the contacts set out on the Website, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- To provide you, or permit other selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that you may be interested in;
- To customize or enhance your experience on our website and services, including via the display of adverts and direct communications you receive from us, which may be based on your activity on our website.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services that may interest you or them, which may be based on your activity on our website.
3.3 General Information is used by us to help make the Website more useful to customers (including to help us assess content of interest to visitors), and for other purposes such as determining the Website’s technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas, for tracking activity on the Website, preparing reports, assessing trends, and otherwise monitoring the way in which the Website is being used none of which would be in a way that personally identifies any users.
- Personal Information Disclosure
4.1 We may share your Personal Information in connection with the purposes above.
4.2 You consent to us sharing your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- To our third-party service providers. We partner with and are supported by service providers around the world. Personal information will be made available to these parties only when necessary, to fulfil the services they provide to us, such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; data analytics; and order fulfilment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us.
4.3 We may also share your Personal Information with third parties:
- Should this be required in order to obtain professional advice;
- To protect the rights, intellectual property, or safety of Mungenow Trips, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
5.1 Keeping your Personal Information secure and preventing unauthorized access is of utmost priority to us, and we take all steps reasonably necessary to protect your Personal Information against any unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction. Whilst we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to secure and safeguard your Personal Information, we will not be held responsible for any unauthorized access by third parties and we cannot guarantee that the Personal Information provided by you or that is transmitted via this Website or by e-mail is totally secure and safe.
- Storage Of Your Personal Information
6.1 The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in a country outside the country in which Mungenow Trips is located, for who’s website you have accessed in order for the information to be collected. It may also be processed by staff operating outside such country, who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storage, and/or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated in accordance with this Policy.
6.2 Where we have given you, or where you have created a password which is part of our services or allows you to access parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
6.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of information made, is done so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- Access Rights And Correction Of Personal Information
7.1 We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information. Any such request can be made to email@example.com.
7.2 Access to personal information: If you request access to your personal information, we will gladly comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
7.3 Correction and deletion: You have the right to correct or amend your personal information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your personal information; however, if this is possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors.
7.4 Marketing preferences: To opt out of email marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other marketing preferences, you can contact us via any relevant link in the marketing communication, or by sending an email to email@example.com. Information related to controlling cookies, and information related to Interest-Based and Mobile Advertising can be found in this Policy herein.
8.2 Most browsers accept cookies automatically but if you choose you can disable the cookies from your browser, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services.
8.3 We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: http://www.aboutcookies.org/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Use Of Third-party Analytics And Tracking Pixels
- Web Server & Application Logs
10.1 Our servers automatically collect certain information to help us administer and protect the Services, analyze usage, and improve users’ experience. The information collected includes, amongst others:
- IP address and browser type;
- Device information including Unique Device Identifier (UDID), MAC address, Identifier for Advertisers (IFA), and similar identifiers we or others may assign;
- Device operating system and other technical facts;
- Pages visited and content viewed, stored, and purchased;
- Information or text entered;
- Links and buttons clicked;
- URLs visited before and after you use our Services.
- Third Part Advertisers
11.1 We may allow third party advertising networks to serve advertisements on our behalf.
11.2 Third party advertisers may place cookies on the browsers of visitors to its website(s) and may send its own cookies to the visitors’ cookie file. The cookies will allow these third-party advertisers to apply their personalized retargeting technology and to serve personalized banners; third party advertisers may collect and use this data in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations (including but not limited to laws governing privacy, and data protection).
- Interest-Based Advertising (IBA)
12.1 Interest-based advertising (IBA) allows us to deliver targeted advertising to users of our Services. IBA works by showing you advertisements that are based on the type of content you access or read. For example, as you browse our Services, one of the cookies placed on your device will be an advertising cookie so we can better understand what sort of pages or content you are interested in. The information collected about your device enables us to group you with other devices that have shown similar interests. We can then display advertising to categories of users that is based on common interests.
12.2 If you want to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, it does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our Services. It just means that we will not use information collected about you for IBA and that any advertising you see will not be customized or relevant to you. You can exercise your online advertising choices at http://optout.aboutads.info or by clicking the Ad Choices icon in an ad and following the instructions. You may also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) Opt Out Tool (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices) and in the EU at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. Remember, if you delete cookies, use a different device, or change web browsers, you may need to opt out again.
12.3 Mobile devices have an identifier that gives companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. In many cases, you can turn off mobile device ad tracking or you can reset the advertising identifier at any time within your mobile device privacy settings. Another tool you can use to control advertising on your mobile device is the Ad Choices App: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices. You may also choose to turn off location tracking on your mobile device. If you turn off ad tracking or location tracking, we will no longer use information collected from your device’s advertising identifier for the purposes of advertising. You may still see the same number of ads but they may be less relevant because they will not be based on your interests.
- Links and Connections to and Use of Other Third Party Services
13.1 Our Services may contain links to and may be used by you in conjunction with third-party apps, services, tools, and websites that are not affiliated with, controlled, or managed by us. Examples include but are not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and, third-party apps like voice software and readers. The privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by the parties’ own Privacy Statements. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to these third-party services.
13.2 Information that you provide to third-party companies is not covered by this Policy.
- Privacy of Minors
14.1 Our Services are not aimed at individuals under the age of eighteen (18) years old (“minors”). If, however, we collect and use information about any minor, we will comply with the applicable laws.
14.2 We hereby prohibit all Minors from the use of any website or service governed by this Policy, which includes those websites and services operated or provided by Mungenow Technologies Limited.
- Business Transfer
15.1 Information obtained pursuant to this Policy, including Personal Information, may be transferred as part of any merge, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the unlikely event of any insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which the information pursuant to this Policy would be transferred to another entity as a result of such a proceeding, you acknowledge and accept that the information pursuant to this Policy may form part of the transferred assets. You further acknowledge and accept that the acquirer or successor to Mungenow Trips may continue to use the information pursuant to this Policy, in the manner set forth in this Policy.